Home / B2BITS / News / Corporate News / B2BITS® releases new version of FIX logs analyzing tools — FIX Eye and FIX Grep
12 November 2008
B2BITS® releases new version of FIX logs analyzing tools — FIX Eye and FIX Grep
New York - November 12, 2008 - B2BITS®, EPAM Systems' Capital Markets
Competency Center providing tools and technologies for exchange
connectivity, OMS and EMS solutions, is pleased to announce the
release of the new version of FIX logs analyzing tools - FIX Eye
and FIX Grep.
In response to the growing interest from the global FIX
community, B2BITS® releases the new version of tools for reading
FIX logs and for reverse engineering of the states of FIX objects,
FIX Grep and FIX Eye. FIX Grep is a multi-platform command line
tool with traditional Unix style interface, while FIX Eye interacts
with the help of a .NET GUI. New versions of FIX Eye and FIX Grep
provide a unique set of features not found in the tools from other
vendors and from open source solutions.
The major list of features includes:
- Ability to find FIX messages in any non-encoded file produced
by a FIX engine of any vendor
- Ability to search in multiple files, files on network drives
and remote computers
- Ability to search in zip files
- Ability to show messages in user-friendly format similar to
- Ability to do multiple searches in separate sheets
- Ability to validate messages and ability to work with invalid
- Ability to work with non-standard FIX Dialects
- Ability to create filters and apply them to messages
- Ability to use Excel-like data filters in FIX messages
- Ability to create custom views including conditional
- Ability to reverse engineer order history and session history;
ability to visualize an extracted sequence
- Ability to show last states of orders (order blotter)
- Ability to export selected data to the files of various
- Ability to print a selected area
- Ability to build sessions list based on loaded messages, create
- High speed: 100,000 messages can be loaded within 25
An example below illustrates a query using FIX Grep: "find all
execution reports of type 'filled' for account that starts with
'ABC' received on November 10, 2008":
>fixgrep "35=8 1=ABC.* 150=2" -f "*.in" -t "52"
FIX Grep also supports a standard way of stream redirection. For
example, the following construction is allowed (Linux):
>cat "*.in" | fixgrep "1=ABC.*" | fixgrep -sw " "
View a short presentation about
The trial versions of FIX Eye and FIX Grep are available for download.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the event photos
Previous news | Next